Thursday, September 22, 2016

Suffer Asylum - A Horror Story by Jack Carl Stanley

Suffer Asylum


Book Description From Amazon:

A horror book from author Jack Carl Stanley. Do you believe in ghosts? A woman and her two children are missing. The police search but have no idea as to the family’s whereabouts. The investigation leads into a dark forest. The likelihood of locating the missing persons alive lessens with each passing moment. Unbeknownst to the search party, the family is trapped inside… Leiden Asylum! Will they escape to regain their freedom or be locked forever inside this living hell?

My Opinion: 

A crazy drug addicted mother runs off with her kids in the middle of the night because she's about to loose custody of them to their father, she seeks shelter in what she is convinced to believe is a safe haven for them but the son can tell from the start that its not all that it seems and something is not right, he has no idea just how correct he is. Meanwhile while all of this is going on the father of the children along with the police are searching for them. 

This book was really good it held my attention right from the start, I love just becoming trapped in a book it feels so real to me. This book made me want more and I love it. 

It does jump around a bit and that may not appeal to some readers but I did not mind it and I feel that the style of writing fits the story perfectly. 

I would not say the book actually scared me but it did keep me guessing and I love how the story developed. The author made you feel like you were in the book right along side the main characters and gave lots of detailed descriptions that left you with great mind visuals. I myself felt trapped right along with the kids. 

The story line is great, and its also an eye opener to just how bad addiction can be, that part felt all too real also, you may actually get more out of the book then you thought you would. I could feel all the emotions of each charter while reading this and I love that about a book, so many people try to just focus on one person and then leave the other characters so simple but this book did not feel that way. I hate giving the book away so I don't want to say too much more about it. Give it a read yourself and see how you feel. 

I received an autographed copy of this book for review

No comments:

Post a Comment