Thursday, August 7, 2014

Hidden Under Her Heart by Rachelle Ayala




From Good Reads:
Maryanne Torres has sworn off sex. Intent on finding a marrying man, she joins a church youth group. A party at her pastor's house turns into a drinking binge, and Maryanne is raped.

Lucas Knight's only concern was winning the Ironman Triathlon until the morning he finds Maryanne unconscious in the church parking lot. He becomes the prime suspect, even though Maryanne cannot identify her attacker.

Maryanne wants justice but the identity of her rapist is hidden in the baby she plans to abort. A trap is set. Lucas races to clear his name and keep Maryanne's secret from drowning her and her baby.

My Thoughts:
I was very torn on this book. I just recently within the past year had a miscarriage. So this was honestly hard for me to read it was very emotional. Knowing i lost this baby and had no choice to keep it and then reading about those who have abortions was just to much for me i understand things like rape happen and its horrible but the death of a child is far worse in my eyes then being raped.

I do not want to give the book away.The book takes lots of unexpected turns but all in all it was well written. Religion is not shoved down your throat all that much and the author does a great job expressing everyones feelings not just being one sided.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment